Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Angel Baby


It's taken me some time (4 mos) to be exact, but I'm finally ready to write about one of the very best and hardest times of our lives so far. In May of this year we were thrilled to find out that we were expecting our second baby! What a joy this was after years of wondering how our next child would come into this world and into our family. This little embryo even though it was only in existence for about 9 weeks had quite the fan club including our families and friends who all knew how happy we were to be expecting this little life.
We announced our pregnancy to our close friends and family and following our trip to PA for the 4th of July we looked forward to hearing our little heartbeat two days after our return. On July 6th, the date of this photo, we heard what we had never thought we might hear. One of the most beautiful sounds a mother could ever hear...the sound of a little beating heart inside her body. I cried when I heard it and Croz was right there with me with the tissues. It was true joy.
Sadly, a week or so later we got terrible news. Our little angel had stopped growing and there was no heartbeat. It's a reality that unfortunately many others we know have had to face. Life is so fragile. Many things must go perfectly right for this miracle to happen.
So we prayed about it and cried about it and reflected upon it and took one day at a time each one getting a little bit easier. The blessing in it all is the joy and hope that this little life brought us.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh Christy..tis brought me to tears. Although I know you have come to term with the loss, I also understand all too well the instant love and bond you have with the life inside your body and the utter devestation of that loss. You and Crosby are amazing...you have given an amazing life to a wonderful little boy that od blessed you with in an ntraditional way. I envy your ablity to be so selfless in your love for him an all those who are lucky enough to call you friend. I know many more blessings are coming your way...